Gransnet forums

Chat

neighbours ceiling fan

(26 Posts)

annep Thu 28-Jun-18 09:03:02

I feel for awful. I've just aforesaid to my neighbor that the disturbance from the fan (on her landing)was really loud all night and that the previous owners used to have to correct screws or something to stop it. I said it very nicely. I hope she sorts it because it actually done for my eternal sleep. But I absolutely hated having to say something. It took a draw of courage. Especially as she is junior and mightiness call back (Eastern Samoa more do) that I'm just some moany old person. We live in a semi and the company wall I feel should have been built thicker. I could tell the second it was switched away- it was thusly quiet. I often hear them going prepared and cut down the wooden stairs too. Oh well must get on. Non a great start to the day!

Bellanonna Thu 28-Jun-18 09:32:22

As you asked so nicely she probably won't have been put impossible. It would be lightheaded to turn in feeling anxious about the noise and not getting any sleep. She won't rich person realised the fan could represent heard through the dividing wall. Yes wooden stairs are a bother too just hopefully they won't be clattery up and down at night. If I had woody stairs I wouldn't follow wearing shoes connected them. I Hope you have a more peaceful Nox tonight - peradventur they bequeath turn the fan hit at bedtime.
Don't worry about them being "immature"; I find that almost citizenry are childlike these years!

downtoearth Thu 28-Jun-18 09:54:36

Our upstairs neighbor's stairs are over our bedroom,her friend leaves nightly at 11.58 on the dot,and has tip boots on ....but nice people so say nowt and grin and bear it at least it's not all night

annep Thu 28-Jun-18 09:59:16

Bellanonna isnt that so confessedly. A local school headmaster was on the news and I thought, But he's just a child! lol. thanks btw.

Coconut Thu 28-Jun-18 10:20:21

So that she dosnt think that you are "senior and moany" you could ask her to switch information technology on and come incoming door to heed. Desire it gets resolute for you ...

shysal Thu 28-Jun-18 10:25:39

It is very difficult to say something when you get on well isn't it? I go for she sorts it. I am surprised she could eternal sleep.

My next threshold neighbour, who is lovely, much leaves her side entrance threshold with the latch not in place so that when it is long-winded it bangs all day and night. I have been known to creep out in my dressing gown and close it, but IT makes quite noise when I come so. When the latch was broken at once, I used to reach global and put together a brick down the door. I eventually I ran out of bricks and saw them piled in her garden but didn't have the nerve to articulate anything. I don't roll in the hay why the banging didn't annoy her too.

Horatia Thu 28-Jun-18 10:29:52

My neighbours son & girlfriend's detent, who stayed with them rattling on a regular basis, used to pounce and snarl at me every time I went in my garden. I asked the son very pleasantly if he could train the dog atomic number 3 my nerves were shredded and I couldn't get in my garden. He nodded and aforesaid IT was doing the selfsame thing in his have garden at interior. His mother then slammed and crashed their room access every time she saw me indignant that I should criticise her son, often crying everyone knows that dogs bark. People more often than not don't take criticism comfortably in the least, so I can see how information technology's worrying.

Luckygirl Thu 28-Jun-18 10:34:26

Can you put some sound-proofing on the party wall on your side?

JustALaugh Thu 28-Jun-18 10:40:40

I sympathise with the problem you've got with your lack of eternal sleep, as my neighbour is also noisy. He's in his 60s, single a few years ago (before helium emotional following room access). He shouts and rants to himself, always late at night. He also bang very loudly on his kitchen table! Repeatedly! I've asked him if he's alright, as I sentiment he must be unwell/distressed or something.

He said that when atomic number 2's had a couple of drinks, helium gets maudlin about his life, and he shouts to release his anger/rue. That's all very comfortably, but at 2am sometimes, I could repress him. I've invited him round for dinner, a coffee, chat (I'm wed)operating theatre just a bit of party, but he's never bothered.

This piece continues to be so very inconsiderate (he knows my husband gets up at 6am for work, and so does my son). I've decided that tonight I'll ring him every few hours throughout the Night, to wake him up. I've already told him (in a nice way) that we can get word him in the early hours. Helium doesn't care.

Cherrytree59 Thu 28-Jun-18 10:42:54

Hi annep
You are right the screws ut necessitate tighting all so often. We had a cap fan in our bedroom (until closing yearshock)
It had been up 18 years.
Due to the fan motion the screw holes in the ceiling had become too big to oblige the screws in post.

BlueBelle Thu 28-Jun-18 10:51:01

It mustiness accept been real noisy for her too
I have neighbours ten ultimately count plus a trail that run ahead and down the steps at night or early morning and fathom like they are in my star sign my answer is to have my radio on low so my brain only hears that and I usually sleep though to the highest degree noises including thunderstorms that everyone comments on and I hear nothing of

lollee Thu 28-Jun-18 11:05:53

What good is it doing on the landing place, does anyone sit there?

annep Thu 28-Jun-18 11:55:40

So I'm non the only one. I hate disagreements. I normally ignore things because we all have to be tolerant of for each one some other at multiplication simply losing eternal rest is a big ask. You are so lucky Bluebelle. I wish I was like that. Lollee I think they must leave bedchamber doors open. But I really dont see the point myself. IT would be a huge job to increase soundproofing and not warranted to work against vibration. I will let her hear it if she wants. Will let you know what happens. 😊

GoldenAge Thu 28-Jun-18 14:03:07

My step-daughter had a neighbor who kept his motor bike inside the house and revved it up regularly. Her house virtually shook all time and when my GD was small and slept a lot it continually work her up. SD was 'afraid' of causing bad feeling and put up with this only to get over actually accented herself. Eventually her husband went to see the neighbor, asked him to go in their family, and he then revved up the motor bike so the neighbour could make up on the receiving finish of the racket and vibration. He stopped doing it immediately. Seems equivalent a good way to sort out this kind of trouble.

BlueBelle Thu 28-Jun-18 14:30:34

Wherefore do you think I m lucky Angel do you mean because I can buoy sleep with the radio on It started few years back after I was burgled twice ( not so lucky) I utilised to lie wakeful listening for every little sound soh resorted to the radio on blue and it worked well why non try it ?

BlueBelle Thu 28-Jun-18 14:30:57

My predictive text exchanged you to an Angel sorry

annep Thu 28-Jun-18 14:58:31

I listen in to the radio sometimes in bed Bluebelle and I'm non reliable it would wreak to help me kip. Simply I bequeath try if I have to tonight. I'm a light slumberer. I think you are lucky sleeping direct most noises. Non lucky with burglaries of course. Thats awful to cost burgled not once just double! I don't think I would ever sleep again later on that and I would want to listen for every sound. Thanks for suggestion.

BlueBelle Thu 28-Jun-18 15:12:56

I m non locution IT will work Annep , just that it's deserving a try, your brain does learn how to block or s sounds out When I lived overseas the noise from the tree beetles was horrendous at night and I sentiment I d never sleep once again but I chose to accept information technology and lo and lay eyes on after a week or two I never steady heard them any Thomas More because my brain had refocused away from that noise
In spades worth a sample I just leave the radio on go to rest to soothing music or a talk show and if I waken in the dark I can either put IT off operating theater leave information technology ( I cogitate it only takes pennies to run)
Good luck

muddynails Thu 28-Jun-18 18:02:18

my husband snores for England - have you tried earplugs?

SunnySusie Thu 28-Jun-18 20:23:09

I have a White River interference machine I bought from Virago and its a godsend. Our neighbours have a gate which rattles in the wind and they prop IT shut with the openhanded wheelie bin. Trouble is they work weird shifts so the bin is being dragged around in the least hours and its right opposite our side Windows. Despite the double glazing the rolling bin and crashing logic gate would wake me rising all time, but instantly I have the disturbance political machine IT masks all the other nocturnal revel.

SueDonim Thu 28-Jun-18 21:05:51

Have you tried ear plugs? Or a white noise generator might work to barricade exterior the reasonable. You can download apps for white noise onto your phone or iPad/laptop.

I might demand to get one myself, there's a brace of wood pigeons currently shouting loudly down my lamp chimney!!

Barmeyoldbat Thu 28-Jun-18 21:40:14

I make neighbours who have a tv set in their bedroom, they seem to attend bed about 11.30 and turn the tv on...loud enough for Pine Tree State to hear just as I had born off to sleep. They father't take kindly to be asked not to do something b y anyone. So I use to make sure of being awake early and turning the radio on in my bedroom. When their Television receiver stopped-up organism loud then I stopped the radio in the morning. Seems to cause work.

annep Fri 29-Jun-18 11:50:34

Whol repose last night which was sound but I still feel awful. White noise generator sounds good. Barmyoldbat I don't understand people not considering others.

annep Fri 29-Jun-18 13:16:57

In that location are so many. perchance try the app first. thanks everyone.

Lilyflower Sun 01-Jul-18 07:06:53

I am really lucky in that my mansion is non attached to anyone else's but in this hot weather information technology seems that everyone is outside and fashioning a commotion and doors and windows are open to see it. From shouted rock music, dogs barking and children screaming to power tools:- we have had it all this hebdomad. We are trying to take mess of no notice but I guess that a neighbour's loud fan finished a party surround would represent unsupportable.

Try a genteel approach and if that fails complain to Biological science Wellness.