Open Office Download Mac 10.6.8 Updated

Open Office Download Mac 10.6.8

[Solved] OO 4.1.0 on Mac OS X 10.half dozen.8

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua

[Solved] OO 4.one.0 on Mac OS Ten 10.6.8

After receiving notification of the availability of Open Role 4.i.0, in which information technology was stated that the update was suitable for Mac Bone X ten.3 onwards, I downloaded the relevant file … noting that it stated:
"Download Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
Click here to download (hosted by Sourceforge.internet) for:
Mac OS X (x.6 or older) and English language (British) | ~159 MByte | Released: 2014-April-29".

Nonetheless when I attempted to run the instal, a message was displayed indicating that this could non go along as my version of Mac OS X was not suitable - I run Os X ten.6.viii.

Last edited by GridLok on Sabbatum Mar xix, 2016 12:47 pm, edited ane fourth dimension in total.

"To discover the correct answer, outset find the right question"
OpenOffice org. four.one.4
OO414m5(Build:9788) - Rev. 1811857
2017-10-xvi 22:12:14 (Mon, 16 Oct 2017) - Darwin x86_64
Mac OS X 10.12.vi (Sierra)

User avatar
GridLok
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:54 pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac Os X 10.6.8

Post past RoryOF » Saturday May 03, 2014 10:58 am

I hope that the erroneous message will by now take been corrected.

OO 4.1 does _not_ work on Mac 10.6.8. You need to render to 4.0.1; please download information technology again from this link:

http://sourceforge.internet/projects/openoff ... g/download

(wait 5 seconds for the download to start after you click the link)

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.x on Xubuntu 20.04.four and very infrequently on Win2K/XP

User avatar
RoryOF
Moderator
Posts: 33409
Joined: Sat January 31, 2009 9:30 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: OO 4.i.0 on Mac OS X ten.6.8

Post past rockets4kids » Sun May eleven, 2014 12:49 am

Do does this mean that Snow Leopard is no longer supported? Is 4.0.1 the end of the line?

Information technology seems rather odd that a Coffee application should exist and then dependent on operating organisation version.

In any case, if 4.0.1 is the end of the line, it would be overnice if I didn't run into messages telling me to upgrade.

OpenOffice 4.0.1 on OSX 10.6

rockets4kids
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:49 am

Re: OO four.i.0 on Mac OS Ten 10.6.8

Post by MrProgrammer » Sunday May 11, 2014 7:16 pm

Unless y'all have a rather sometime Mac, you can first upgrade to Mavericks (10.9); information technology's free from Apple. Then you tin can install AOO releases across iv.i.0. If y'all tin can't/don't upgrade OS Ten, then you're probably stuck until you purchase new hardware. Bank check Mac resource on the web if you need aid determining if you tin can upgrade, or if y'all need help installing Mavericks.

If this answered your question please go to your get-go post utilise the Edit button and add together [Solved] to the offset of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

Mr. Developer
AOO 4.ane.seven Build 9800 on MacOS 10.14.half-dozen.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English language (United states of america).

User avatar
MrProgrammer
Moderator
Posts: 4264
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 vii:57 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Re: OO iv.1.0 on Mac Bone X 10.6.8

Post by RoryOF » Sun May xi, 2014 seven:38 pm

rockets4kids wrote:Do does this hateful that Snow Leopard is no longer supported? Is four.0.1 the terminate of the line?

It seems rather odd that a Coffee application should exist then dependent on operating organisation version.

In whatever case, if four.0.1 is the end of the line, it would exist prissy if I didn't see letters telling me to upgrade.

But some sections of OpenOffice utilise Java.

Apache OpenOffice 4.i.10 on Xubuntu 20.04.four and very infrequently on Win2K/XP

User avatar
RoryOF
Moderator
Posts: 33409
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:30 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: OO 4.one.0 on Mac Bone X x.6.8

Post by lgusaas » Sun May 11, 2014 seven:47 pm

rockets4kids wrote:Do does this mean that Snow Leopard is no longer supported? Is 4.0.1 the end of the line?

From the release notes at

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dis ... ease+Notes

"Annotation: Mac users should be aware that with this release Apache OpenOffice is a 64-scrap awarding and requires Mac OSX 10.seven or above."

It seems rather odd that a Java awarding should be then dependent on operating system version.

Apache OpenOffice is not a Java application.

In any case, if 4.0.1 is the cease of the line, it would be nice if I didn't see messages telling me to upgrade.

Both the release notes (encounter above) and the organisation requirements,

http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/sour ... aoo41.html

, state that Mac OS Ten 10.vii (Panthera leo) or higher is required.

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:

http://larry-gusaas.com

"An creative person is never ahead of his time but most people are far backside theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.i.eleven — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.ane Monterey

lgusaas
Volunteer
Posts: 1576
Joined: Lord's day Mar 30, 2008 eight:32 pm
Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada

Re: OO 4.i.0 on Mac Os X 10.6.eight

Post past rockets4kids » Monday May 12, 2014 2:50 am

Although my hardware tin run King of beasts, Panthera leo is a pig (compared to Snow Leopard) and even if it wasn't I *detest* the interface changes. Much of that was fixed in Mountain Lion, but my hardware can't run that.

I've been planning to upgrade for a while now, simply honestly, with an SSD and maxed out RAM my MacBook Pro (ii,one) is still more adequate. I am also one of the few people who seems to like a 17" laptop any more than, and I am not terribly interested in shelling out for a new car until I absolutely accept to if it means downgrading to a fifteen" screen.

I've got to say that I'm really sad that just when Open Office starts to go truly usable I can't run the latest version any more.

OpenOffice 4.0.1 on OSX x.six

rockets4kids
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 eleven:49 am

Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac OS X 10.6.viii

Post by lgusaas » Mon May 12, 2014 3:04 am

I've got to say that I'thou really deplorable that just when Open Function starts to get truly usable I can't run the latest version any more.

So but proceed using the version of Speedily OpenOffice that you have. It is much more than recent than your computer and operating system. I am happy using an older version on my second calculator, a MacBook running Snow Leopard.

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:

http://larry-gusaas.com

"An creative person is never alee of his time just most people are far backside theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice four.1.11 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.one Monterey

lgusaas
Volunteer
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:32 pm
Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada

Re: OO 4.one.0 on Mac Bone X 10.6.8

Post by rockets4kids » Monday May 12, 2014 7:06 am

I use Snow Leopard considering I *adopt* it, not considering I like running old software. Snow Leopard is light and fast, faster than annihilation that came before it and faster than anything that has come since. I actually don't like what happened with the iOS-ification of OS/X and I have however to observe a single feature in newer versions that makes me want to upgrade.

Open Office, on the other hand, has seen substantial improvements in every release and It has only been rather recently that I've considered it truly usable (although I have been using it since it was chosen Star Office...)

If this is really the end, *Please* find a way to stop the bloody annoying pop-ups that keep telling me to upgrade.

OpenOffice iv.0.i on OSX 10.half-dozen

rockets4kids
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:49 am

Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac OS 10 10.6.8

Post by lgusaas » Mon May 12, 2014 viii:25 am

rockets4kids wrote:I use Snow Leopard because I *adopt* it, non because I like running old software. Snow Leopard is light and fast, faster than anything that came before it and faster than annihilation that has come since. I actually don't like what happened with the iOS-ification of Os/X and I have yet to find a unmarried feature in newer versions that makes me desire to upgrade.

I like Mavericks on my MacBook Pro much more than Snow Leopard on my old MacBook. Very fast.

Open Function, on the other hand, has seen substantial improvements in every release and It has simply been rather recently that I've considered information technology truly usable (although I have been using it since it was called Star Part...)

I've plant it very usable since 3.0

If this is really the end, *Please* find a way to stop the encarmine annoying pop-ups that keep telling me to upgrade.

It is already there in your preferences. Did yous look? The option has been there equally long as I remember.
On the bill of fare bar click on 'OpenOffice'
Click on 'Preferences'
In the window that opens go to OpenOffice/Online Updates
Under "Online Update Options" uncheck "Check for updates automatically"

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:

http://larry-gusaas.com

"An artist is never alee of his time but nearly people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.eleven — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.1 Monterey

lgusaas
Volunteer
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:32 pm
Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada

Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac Bone X 10.half-dozen.8

Post by franc » Sat Aug 23, 2014 three:07 pm

I wonder about this.
I accept Bone ten.6.8 on my MacBook Pro from 2009 and I always thought this is a 64 Bit machine, I yet recall information technology.
And then I don't sympathize why OO 4.one doesn't run on it, both 64 Bit.
Why?

OpenOffice 3.three

franc
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:12 pm

Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac OS 10 10.6.8

Post past lgusaas » Saturday Aug 23, 2014 7:30 pm

franc wrote:I wonder about this.
I have OS 10.half dozen.8 on my MacBook Pro from 2009 and I always idea this is a 64 Bit machine, I still think information technology.
So I don't understand why OO 4.1 doesn't run on it, both 64 Chip.
Why?

Considering AOO 4.1 requires Os X ver.x.7 or newer. It won't run on older versions of OS X.

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:

http://larry-gusaas.com

"An artist is never alee of his time merely near people are far backside theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.xi — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.one Monterey

lgusaas
Volunteer
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:32 pm
Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada

Re: OO 4.ane.0 on Mac OS X 10.6.viii

Post by franc » Sunday Aug 24, 2014 12:06 am

Why this well-nigh 64 bit and then?
Did you understand my question?

OpenOffice three.3

franc
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:12 pm

Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac OS 10 10.6.8

Post by lgusaas » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:43 am

franc wrote:Why this about 64 scrap then?
Did you lot empathise my question?

Didn't you understand my answer?
AOO iv.ane requires Bone X ver.10.vii or newer. The operating arrangement requirement is independent from it being a 64 bit app. Many electric current applications for Macs require OS X ver.7 or newer.

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:

http://larry-gusaas.com

"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far backside theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.xi — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.1 Monterey

lgusaas
Volunteer
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sun Mar thirty, 2008 8:32 pm
Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada

Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac OS X ten.half dozen.8

Post by franc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 viii:53 am

No, I didn't understand your answer because I read in the General Remarks of the AOO iv.1 Release notes this judgement:

Annotation: Mac users should be enlightened that with this release Apache OpenOffice is a 64-fleck application and requires Mac OSX ten.seven or above.

I read this like this: As it is a 64-bit application it requires Mac Bone 10.7. This is the thing I don't understand. OS ten.half dozen is 64-fleck equally well, I don't understand the logic in this remark.

OpenOffice 3.iii

franc
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:12 pm

Re: OO iv.ane.0 on Mac OS Ten 10.6.8

Post by RoryOF » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:02 am

The underlying routines in the earlier operating system don't suit the electric current version of OpenOffice. If you have knowledge of Mac OSes, the OpenOffice software source code is available and you might patch it to accommodate your operating system. I'g sure in that location will be OpenOffice developer help available should you decide to do this.

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.10 on Xubuntu twenty.04.four and very infrequently on Win2K/XP

User avatar
RoryOF
Moderator
Posts: 33409
Joined: Sabbatum January 31, 2009 ix:30 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac OS 10 10.vi.8

Post by lgusaas » Dominicus Aug 24, 2014 9:32 am

franc wrote:No, I didn't understand your answer because I read in the General Remarks of the AOO 4.one Release notes this sentence:

Note: Mac users should be enlightened that with this release Apache OpenOffice is a 64-bit application and requires Mac OSX 10.seven or above.

I read this similar this: Equally it is a 64-bit application it requires Mac OS x.7. This is the thing I don't sympathise. Bone x.6 is 64-bit equally well, I don't understand the logic in this remark.

You lot should work on your reading comprehension. Would this exist easier for you to cover?

1. Apache OpenOffice is a 64-bit application.
2. Apache OpenOffice requires Mac OSX 10.vii or above.

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:

http://larry-gusaas.com

"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice four.1.11 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.i Monterey

lgusaas
Volunteer
Posts: 1576
Joined: Lord's day Mar 30, 2008 8:32 pm
Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada

Re: OO iv.1.0 on Mac Os 10 10.half dozen.8

Post by masterleo » Midweek October 08, 2014 8:xl pm

rockets4kids wrote:Although my hardware can run King of beasts, Panthera leo is a grunter (compared to Snowfall Leopard) and even if it wasn't I *hate* the interface changes. Much of that was fixed in Mount Lion, but my hardware can't run that.

I've got to say that I'm really sad that just when Open up Role starts to get truly usable I can't run the latest version any more.

True ! :ucrazy:

RoryOF wrote:I hope that the erroneous bulletin will by now have been corrected.

OO 4.one does _not_ work on Mac 10.6.8. You need to render to iv.0.1; please download information technology once more from this link:

http://sourceforge.cyberspace/projects/openoff ... yard/download

(wait five seconds for the download to starting time later you click the link)

This simply solved (the) my problem !!! :bravo: :super:

OpenOffice iv.1 on MacOs 10.6.8

User avatar
masterleo
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:10 pm

Re: OO 4.1.0 or any really on Mac Os X x.vi.8

Post by hectorschmector » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:39 pm

How-do-you-do, as I am non computer savvy at all I wanted to just quickly description that if I have MacOS x.vi.eight - every bit I accept - an erstwhile Macbook I bought my son - I won't be able to have Open Function on that computer ?? I have tried and tried but does not piece of work. Would there exist older versions somewhere to download that would piece of work?
Thank you!

NeoOffice ii.2.3 with MacOS 10.four

hectorschmector
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:33 pm

Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac OS X 10.half-dozen.eight

Post by RoryOF » Thu Oct 16, 2014 one:58 pm

On the download folio at
http://world wide web.openoffice.org/download
select version iv.0.0 or 4.0.ane from the version dropdown along with the MacOS selection.

Apache OpenOffice 4.i.10 on Xubuntu xx.04.4 and very infrequently on Win2K/XP

User avatar
RoryOF
Moderator
Posts: 33409
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 ix:30 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: OO iv.1.0 on Mac Bone X 10.vi.8

Post by hectorschmector » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:02 pm

Tried information technology - does not work. Requires mac OS ten.vii :(

NeoOffice 2.two.iii with MacOS x.4

hectorschmector
Posts: eight
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:33 pm

Re: OO four.1.0 on Mac OS X 10.half dozen.eight

Post past RoryOF » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:12 pm

Then move back to v3.

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.10 on Xubuntu 20.04.iv and very infrequently on Win2K/XP

User avatar
RoryOF
Moderator
Posts: 33409
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:xxx pm
Location: Republic of ireland

Re: OO 4.ane.0 on Mac OS X 10.six.8

Post past hectorschmector » Thu Oct xvi, 2014 2:15 pm

See this is where things get complicated :) what is v3????

NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS x.4

hectorschmector
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct sixteen, 2014 1:33 pm

Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac OS Ten ten.6.8

Post past lgusaas » Thu October 16, 2014 5:45 pm

hectorschmector wrote:Tried it - does not work. Requires mac OS 10.7 :(

AOO iv.0.1 works on OS X ver 10.6.8.
Get to the download page

http://www.openoffice.org/download/

Select OS X 32-chip (x86) (DMG)
Select the language you want
Select 4.0.1
Download

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:

http://larry-gusaas.com

"An artist is never ahead of his time merely about people are far backside theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.ane.11 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.1 Monterey

lgusaas
Volunteer
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sun Mar thirty, 2008 8:32 pm
Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada

Re: OO 4.i.0 on Mac OS X x.6.8

Post past hectorschmector » Thu October 16, 2014 11:25 pm

This is what happens in one case I download it and endeavor to open the file. It'll start to download but information technology does not work

Attachments
Screen shot 2014-10-17 at 7.21.33 AM.png
Screen shot 2014-10-17 at 7.21.33 AM.png (20.02 KiB) Viewed 30760 times

NeoOffice two.2.3 with MacOS x.four

hectorschmector
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:33 pm

Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac Bone 10 ten.vi.8

Post past hectorschmector » Thu Oct xvi, 2014 11:32 pm

And I accept tried ALL of the versions from the dropdown carte du jour with the same effect

NeoOffice ii.ii.3 with MacOS 10.iv

hectorschmector
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu October 16, 2014 1:33 pm

Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac OS X 10.6.8

Post by lgusaas » Thu Oct 16, 2014 eleven:40 pm

hectorschmector wrote:This is what happens in one case I download it and try to open the file. It'll start to download but information technology does not work

What version of Os Ten are you using? Sounds like a Gatekeeper upshot
Os X: Almost GateKeeper

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14370

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Website:

http://larry-gusaas.com

"An artist is never alee of his time merely most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice iv.1.11 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.12.ane Monterey

lgusaas
Volunteer
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:32 pm
Location: Moose Jaw, SK Canada

Re: OO iv.1.0 on Mac Bone Ten 10.6.viii

Post by hectorschmector » Friday Oct 17, 2014 12:05 am

This is what I'1000 running

Attachments
Screen shot 2014-10-17 at 8.02.09 AM.png
Screen shot 2014-10-17 at viii.02.09 AM.png (34.3 KiB) Viewed 30749 times

NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS ten.4

hectorschmector
Posts: viii
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:33 pm

Re: OO 4.1.0 on Mac Bone X 10.vi.eight

Post by hectorschmector » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:08 am

and this is my security.... no idea which operating arrangement this is ... perhaps mount panthera leo??

Attachments
Screen shot 2014-10-17 at 8.00.04 AM.png

NeoOffice 2.2.iii with MacOS 10.four

hectorschmector
Posts: viii
Joined: Thu October 16, 2014 1:33 pm

Re: OO four.1.0 on Mac Os X 10.half dozen.8

Post by masterleo » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:18 am

As I said I use :

http://sourceforge.cyberspace/projects/openoff ... k/download

Did y'all try it out ? Did you read the previous posts ?
I tried it out on my both macs under MACOSX 10.half-dozen.8 , it piece of work ( and works skilful ! ;D )

Thanks for replying to help the other having the same problem as you (the aim of a forum )

OpenOffice 4.1 on MacOs 10.6.8

User avatar
masterleo
Posts: three
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 half dozen:ten pm


Return to Mac OSX

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Open Office Download Mac 10.6.8

Posted by: fowlertweattedier.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan Banner setelah judul